By Christopher Cosentino
Take your personal home page programming talents to the following point, with this hands-on, example-rich educational! In Advanced personal home page for internet Professionals, best-selling personal home page writer Christopher Cosentino brings jointly dozens of strong new concepts for construction critical net functions. deal with classes extra successfully, create higher types, strengthen customized mistakes handlers, construct database-independent internet functions with PEAR::DB, parse XML records, authenticate clients through database question, construct cross-platform purchaser apps with PHP-GTK, and lots more and plenty extra!
Read or Download Advanced PHP for Web Professionals PDF
Best networking: internet books
Here is the publication you want to arrange for the hands-on JNCIE examination, CERT-JNCIE-M, from Juniper Networks. Written via a Juniper community Senior schooling companies Engineer with over 15 years of internetworking education adventure, this learn consultant presents the data and insights you must procedure the not easy JNCIE hands-on lab with self belief.
While you're studying Ukrainian (Cyrillic Script), this ebook was once no longer created for you, and also you usually are not buy it. It used to be created for thoroughly fluent mother-tongue audio system of Ukrainian (Cyrillic Script) who already comprehend the total which means of Ukrainian (Cyrillic Script) phrases, yet who have to find out how a unmarried English translation of a Ukrainian (Cyrillic Script) be aware can have ambiguous meanings within the English language.
I might consider a few of the different studies the following. this isn't a newcomers ebook. It assumes not less than an intermediate point of figuring out of Photshop, Illustrator, Pagemill, to execute many of the excercises.
To the books credits even if, it's very properly laid out -easy to learn -in truth pictures consultant you greater than the textual content.
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 6
- .Net mobile Web developers guide, 1st Edition
- Tourismus 2.0: Chancen und Herausforderungen des Online Tourismus im Web 2.0 (German Edition)
- Interaction- Und Interfacedesign: Web-, Game-, Produkt- Und Servicedesign Usability Und Interface ALS Corporate Identity (X.Media.Press) (Hardback)(English / German) - Common
Extra info for Advanced PHP for Web Professionals
If you are starting a new session, then the function initializes the session and creates the necessary temp files to track the session. If a $PHPSESSID is found by the function, either by a cookie or a GET variable, then the function resumes the current session and the page has access to any variables that have been registered to the session. Once you have started the session, you need to register some variables with it. The session will not track variables until they have been registered using the session_register() function: session_register(STRING); The STRING argument to session_register() should be the name of the variable that you want to register with the session so that it may be accessed across any session-enabled pages.
Connecting to the Database Server Before you can do anything in a database-backed application, you need to connect to the database server that contains the actual database that you need to access. 1". USER— The login of the user who has access to the database server, for example, "Joe". PASSWORD— The password of the user. The connect function for PostgreSQL is much different. pg_connect takes as its argument a single string: pg_connect(STRING); The STRING must contain all of the pertinent information required by your server.
8. > times. 9. 10. $count++; 11. > Script 2-1. php Line-by-Line Explanation LINE DESCRIPTION 2 Start the session or continue an existing session. 3 The if statement checks to see if the $count variable has been set. If the $count variable has been set, then the script assumes that this is a continuation of a session and takes no action and the script continues onto line 7. 4 If the $count variable has not been set, then the script assumes that this is the beginning of a new session and registers the variable $count.